World Autism Awareness Day is on 2nd April. We all have to spread awareness about it on this day and should work for it as much as we can. People with autism do have behavioral difficulties along with sensory problems and other symptoms which we all need to know, even if we don’t have a child with autism. We all have to join our hands together with the parents who have autistic kids.
We all as a community need to know everything about Autism so that we can deal with our autistic friends and community members in a right way without differentiating them from other, like one team.
We all talk about diversity and equality that all the people are equal in rights regardless of their skin, color, race, gender, country and religion and this is a great thing, but we also have to practice same way with the people with health and learning difficulties.
So, here in this article I will be sharing some ideas about what we can do as a community for our autistic fellows, Autism awareness day is not only for things we do for autistic people but also for use to learn about it and to be aware of everything our fellows and their families go through, so, here are some simple ideas which we can do and practice on World Autism Day and we should keep doing it very often throughout the year.
- Work with charity who raise money for Autism awareness and everything related with it.
- Volunteer at the hospitals, schools and institutes who work for this great cause.
- Learn about autism, read books from libraries, google and talk with experts of know more.
- It is not necessary to take part in this cause if you have a child with autism, we all can take part in it.
- We can voluntarily collect money from friends, families and colleague and give it to the charities, hospitals, schools and other institutes work for Autism.
- Talk to the experts to learn about behaving with autistic people.
- We can also donate toys and learning tools that can help autistic kids int heir learning and understanding.
- Many people wear blue on this day, we can also do that to spread awareness. We can also participate in charity walks so that we can learn and spread awareness about this common problem. This way we all can understand what all autistic kids goes through, so that we can help them in the best way we can. After all, what they need is our love.
- You can also collect funds to print leaflets with information about autism and distribute these leaflets everywhere, also mention the best books or source of information people can get about autism on these leaflets.
- We all are equal and have to hold hands together to help each other, like World Autism Day, we also have to stay together and joined and work for other causes as well like ADHD, other learning difficulties and problems as well. After all we all are equal as a community.