Mindfulness is all about training ourselves to stay calm and relaxed by focusing more on positive thoughts and aspects of life. We all have difficulties and tensions in our daily life, especially when we talk about super busy mothers, so, it is really vital to practice easy mindful techniques which we can incorporate within our busy schedule. So, today we will be discussing top 10 mindfulness techniques, especially for all of the “Super & Hardworking Mums”.
- Yoga: Yoga is body and mind exercise along with meditation. From this practice, we achieve mind and body relaxation, mindfulness, and a quiet calm state. It is one of the best way to achieve mindfulness and can be done at any time of the day, at home, in park or even in your room.
- Simple Breathing Exercise: We can achieve mindfulness via proper breathing practice. Exhale through mouth completely. Then close your mouth & inhale calmly through your nose to a count of 4. Then hold your breath & count 6. Then exhale completely through mouth completely. Do this Breathing exercise for 10 minutes each day and see the visible results:)
- Relaxing at a quiet place: Go to a relaxing green, your home garden and any quiet corner in your nearest park, just switch of your mind from everyday workloads, tensions and chores. Just Relax and see the nature and if possible do the breathing exercise mentioned in point 2.
- Relaxing sounds of Nature: If you have any park or place where there is a flowing little stream, waterfall or nature’s sounds like water flowing, chirping of birds and breeze, then you can achieve the best level of mindfulness just by spending some quiet time there.
- Relaxing bath: Relaxing warm bath with your favorite essential oil, and a couple of candles and a relaxing soak for 5-10 minutes is also a great way to achieve mindfulness.
- Relaxing Spa
- Relaxing Massage
- Relaxing Body & Face Care: Apply a relaxing facial mask and sit on your comfortable sofa or bed and enjoy some quiet time when your kids are asleep as you can ask for help from your partner to give to 5-10 minutes of relaxation.
- Relaxing tea: Relaxing tea especially chamomile tea is best to relax mind and for calming our tired body. You can follow point 8 while having your tea:)
- Essential oil in a calm and comfortable bedroom: Make your bed before sleeping and use room essential oil diffuser and one of the best options is essential oil linen spray. These relaxing aroma from the essential oil, in a warm and comfortable bedroom is a dream come true for a busy mum for and a great way to achieve mindfulness. For best results, you can also listen to relaxing sounds of nature using headphone and just close your eyes and relax on the bed. Most important tip for this to stop using electronic gadgets atleast half an hour before going to bed.
I am sure you all will find these tips and techniques really helpful. Actually, I haven’t mentioned anything that is hard for busy mums to do or expensive to afford. These ten things can be incorporated within our busy schedule with a little effort and after that, we all will get used to it.
As a mum of two, I can very well understand the busy and difficult schedules of all the mums. We all ignore ourselves in order to take care of family and kids. We all have to take care of ourselves also, after that we can give our best to our kids. I have read this saying in a book and I totally agree with it…:)
You cannot pour from an empty pot, so you have to take care of yourself first.