If we as parents are struggling to teach our kids focusing or concentrating on one specific task, and our child started to wonder while performing a specific work, then this article will benefit you a lot.
I am sharing some nice and helpful smart parenting tips in order to develop the ability to focus in our children. We all want our little ones to succeed in life and we are always curious to learn and practice the skills of smart parenting, because all these skills help us to guide our child in his/her learning journey.
- Setting limits in whatever task or work we give our kids to do. This will teach them the idea about how much to do and when to do the specific task and also teaches our little one to pay attention.
- After giving your kids some tasks, ask them to repeat what you have said in a polite way with please and thanks then afterwards? This will increase their ability to remember their task and help them paying attention on what is been said.
- Do what you have said. From this, your child will learn that you are consistent and then they will learn about consistency as well. Kids do learn a lot from what they see around them.
- Always speak in kind words and use the terms “please” and “thank you” quite often. This will create interest in your kids to listen to you and they will also learn manners about communication.
- When you give them any task, always set time limits. By doing this, your kids will remember what task they have been given and they will concentrate and focus on it as they have to finish it within limited time period.
- Dividing one big task into some smaller tasks will help your child in completing it as well as to concentrate and focus on one small task rather than worrying about difficulty in doing the bigger one.
- Make sure your children have good enough rest and sleep as well. Sleep will help in development of mental and physical health.
- Make sure your child is having good diet along with healthy games and physical activity. Joining school sports club, cycling and swimming are the best things to do.
- Always spend good time with your kids as a family, read books and play together as well. This will create a strong bond between you and your child and then of course your child will focus on what you have said and then they will learn to focus independently on their own works and tasks.
- Provide them the toys which boost focus and attention like staking toys, construction blocks and board games. Play with them these games as well along with a lot of enjoyment and laughs.
- Always listen and pay attention on what they are saying and sharing with you. Even if they ask one thing so many times, answer them with kindness and affection. From this, your kids will also learn to pay attention and focus.
- When kids are performing their tasks, don’t do anything that can distract their attention like watching television or listening to music and talking to one another in loud voice.
I hope these tips will work well for you and your little ones. Please do share your ideas regarding this topic and about smart parenting. After all, we all learn from one another and It will be lovely to read your tips and ideas…😊.