As, the spring holidays are on and like me other parents are also trying to spend good quality time with their kids. Therefore, in today’s post I decided to bring the simple yet very easy & creative activity, kids will enjoy with their parents and could spend joyful time together along with lots of learning.
I along with my daughter also enjoyed this activity which we had done with Popsicle sticks. Popsicle sticks crafts allow you to create a lot of different, unique and interesting things like you can see below, the house we made by using these Popsicle sticks. It hardly took an hour and showed up as a wonderful creation. My daughter was really happy when the Popsicle sticks turned up into the wonderful house shape. You can also have fun with your little kids by making such beautiful Popsicle sticks house or whatever shape, design or object your kids want to build.
Engaging your children in such activities is very beneficial for their mental and physical health. As these activities help them in:
- improving fine and gross motor skills.
- enhancing their intellectual skills.
- learning how to follow the instructions.
- boosting confidence.
- increasing vocabulary and learning.
- increasing cognitive skills.
- increasing ability to work as a team.
Popsicle Sticks Crafts – Make A Home
- Popsicle sticks (about 14 – 15)
- First make a log cabin by looking at the picture given below.
- Place 2 sticks vertically and spread glue on the sticks.
- Now start placing around 6 sticks and let them dry so that they could stick together.
- Now take 3 sticks and cut the edges.
- Stick them with glue on a single stick.
- Now the log cabin is ready, draw a door with marker and give wall like texture to the sticks. You can draw whatever you and your kid love to draw of your own choice.
- Now paint or use crayons to colour the Popsicle sticks with your favourite colour and let it dry.
- In last Place to stick with glue on the edges to give the final house shape and let it dry.
- Your very own easy homemade home is ready.
- You can frame it by placing on plain paper or can draw some plants, sun, birds and clouds to give it a real look.
I hope you would love this activity, as it is very simple, easy and very cheap in price. I love being involve with my kids in such activities as they help them in learning and creating new things. After making this house, my daughter suggested me to build a ship and I really felt glad that she is thinking about the other objects can be made with these Popsicle sticks.
Do share this activity with your kids I am sure they would love it and share your experience with me in the comment box below. I would love reading your experience and if you have already made any so, do share pics with me as I would love making them with my kids.