lethargic is a very vast term, we cannot define lethargic in just couple of lines. Mostly it happens to all of us when we feel lethargic and weak, it’s a feeling of having no energy in the body and when you don’t feel like doing any activity and just want to have rest and sleep.
Especially, this feeling appears when you feel sick of being busy all the time in household chores or long hour jobs, your body needs time to relax and get better. In fact, it is a very common symptom of depression which makes you feel sluggish, lazy, tired and stops doing daily activities. Last but not the least, you do not take interest in outdoor activities and prefer to remain alone at home and take a plenty of sleep.
There could be many reasons behind lethargic feeling but its better you consult to your doctor first if you have this symptom for a longer period of time. Second have a look at your daily diet, do your body consuming a right amount of nutrients? You need to have a healthy diet regularly on time. Check your blood pressure because it could be your low and high blood pressure as well. Furthermore, it can be your hormonal imbalances which totally depend on the age and life style. It can also be any stress which keeps you to awake all the time and you can’t take an adequate sleep. Well, these are the common reasons to feel this symptom but it could be more and different. To avoid and cure these symptoms you need to follow these guidelines.
- To avoid being lethargic you need proper exercise on regular basis, go gym or join aerobic, yoga or swimming classes. It will help you to boost your energy level and you will feel good.
- Drink a lot of water, as dehydration also makes you feel tired, it makes your body lazy and less efficiently.
- Don’t skip your regular meal especially breakfast, it gives your body the level of energy to work throughout the day.
- Take a good sleep for at least 8 hours as for prople of every age group, good sleep is vey important.
- Wake-up early and take a relaxing warm bath.
- Limit the time of watching TV, mobiles and electronic devices, as prolonged use of these devices leads to loneliness and depression.
- Take out a good time for yourself and plan to hanging out with friends or have a lovely get-to-gather with friends, as hectic routine can also make you feel tired.
- Go for yoga as it is a very helpful mind and body relaxing practice which calms you physically and mentally in a very distinct manner.
- Take a good Spa/massage to get rid of this lethargic feeling.
Well, apart from these guidelines you can also use some useful healthy juices and tea to cope up this lethargic feeling. Like take a glass of lemon/orange juice as it is highly rich in vitamin c and also help you develop a good immunity and helps your to cope with lethargy, grape fruit juice provide high level of energy to keep you healthy and active where as coconut water provides you immense energy and hydration. Chamomile tea is very good for calming tired mind and body and on the other hand tea like basil leaf tea contains very essential ingredients which give you energy to fight against tiredness and fatigue.
Remember that your health and fitness totally depends on your life style.
Being a mother of 2 kids, I can understand how difficult it is, for the mummies to take out time from hectic routine, as the responsibilities and commitments need to be fulfilled on time. But again your health matters a lot, for bringing-up a healthy and happy family, it is necessary for you to remain healthy and happy. So, think about yourself and relax. Kids can be happy and healthy even if your house is not perfectly clean and tidy, but they cannot be happy if their Mum in tired and lethargic. so, for your own and your family’s well-being, it is a must for you to be active, happy and healthy.