As parents, we all want our kids to do well in academic years and life afterwards. We all want our kids to be a successful and intelligent person, but for that we have to start a playful learning with fun and we have to acknowledge their needs and capabilities from a very early age, as early age is the most crucial time for learning and experiencing new things. When it comes to learn mathematics, many kids don’t show much interest, but some kids love to learn this subject. If your child is not showing any interest in maths, then what should be the way to cool and interesting math learning? Well, this article is about cool math for kids, and one of the best tool to make this subject cool is to introduce Abacus to our kids.
Abacus is one of the most productive way of teaching maths to our kids. It gives our little one the opportunity to learn maths language and all about counting, adding and subtracting and a lot more from a very early age and sets a solid foundation for our kids to do best in academic years and life afterwards. In this modern era, where we can get every answer just by a finger’s click on our tablets, we are lacking the tools and activities that help us boost our intelligence and thinking process, Abacus is one of the best tools to do brain storming and thinking and it has following benefits for our kids to do best in their life….
- Improve the development of Right side of brain: Abacus helps improve development of Right side of our child’s brain that is responsible for creative, interactive, social and visual skills.
- Improves concentration and memory: Basic counting, addition and subtraction can be done using abacus just by moving some beads. This gives our child a visual image about numbers and counting. This will help our little one in improving his/her photographic memory as well.
- Observation and thinking skills: Abacus boost our child’s observation and thinking skills, as he/she is brain storming a lot and thinking about the mathematical calculation and counting he/she is doing on Abacus. They lack this brain storming process while using a calculator and any app on tablets.
- Increase concentration and listening skills: As abacus needs a lot of thinking, concentration and visualisation and some help from parents and teachers while doing it, it will boost thinking power, concentration and listening skills in your child.
- Boost self-confidence: As solving math sum’s using abacus needs thinking and intelligence, it boosts self-confidence in our child and the sense of achievement because they solve problems using their intelligence and Abacus not calculators and apps.
- Speed & Accuracy: Solving sums and counting on abacus stimulates thinking process and memory, which leads to a speedy and quick response in solving problems.
- Improves IQ level: From all above benefits, we came to know that it improves thinking process, intelligence and memory, this also leads to a good IQ. Kids with good IQ always do best in their lives academically and in practical life.
- Beneficial for Toddlers as well as older kids:Abacus is beneficial for toddlers who started to learn basic one and two and three couting to older kids who want to learn basic additions and subtractions and other basic math sums. My daughter infact learn many colours from abacus’s coloured beads as well…
- Help building a bond between you and your child: Electronic tablets, where every answers are available just on a click, kids usually sit alone and keep themselves busy and isolated while playing games and learning different things on tablets.Abacus needs brain storming and kids do find it difficult at time, eventually come to you to get help or you and your child both sit together and do some interesting math problem solving activities and then appreciate your child’s efforts if they solve their required math task or even if they could’nt, just appreciate their effort and help them. This is also a good way of spending time together and building a good loving bond.
- Improves reading and writing skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Help our child in learning logical reasonings.
- Abacus also boosts endurance for stress and pressure with patience.
So, this simple tool makes the learning of cool math for kids, much easier and interesting. We should limit the use of electronic devices for our kids and introduce them to these learning tools that need some brain storming and thinking in order to boost their intelligence. Abacus is one of the best tools for teaching and setting a solid foundation of basic math skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.